Monday, April 12, 2004

The babies are fine -- Maggie is healthy and alert and almost smiling for real, and Lazarus is starting to really talk. I haven't updated lately because my digital camera batteries are dead and I can't manage to go get more (and I'm not willing to pay $7.50 for four batteries at the new local convenience store). Lame excuse, I know. Maybe I'll steal some from the remote controls... then Antonio will be compelled to go get new batteries himself. Or, I could just ask him directly to go get me some. Naahh, the sneaky underhanded approach is more fun. Heh. Besides, I need to take pictures now, while the babes are still cute. Heh, again.

Assuming I finish my editing job today, we might get outside for a walk -- I think the rain/snow/hail/sleet have moved on, finally, and we're due for a warm-up over the next few days. People here say it's been a bizarre spring so far -- all the rain and snow is unusual, apparently (though welcome), and we haven't had the wretched winds that usually start in March and go through May. I'll take this any year. Things are starting to green up, and as much as I love New Mexico, I do miss the abundant green springtime I grew up with.

One more note: I have a few final details to take care of, then we meet with the sellers of our house-to-be and sign papers and get everything ready to go for escrow. They told Antonio last night that they're leaving by June 1 -- so in two months I'll finally be in "my" house again! I'm itching to have my own space again, and of course to start gardening -- I realized yesterday that I'll only be a few weeks late with planting, since our last frost date is May 15, so I might just go ahead and put in that veggie garden! In fact... when we meet with the sellers (Kurt and Lisa) on Tuesday, I think I'll ask if I could go over there for a day in May and start getting a few garden beds ready. They're very cool people (and I'm sorry they're leaving town), so I'm sure they'll be fine with that.

Now I know what to get Lazarus for his birthday: a little wheelbarrow, spade, rake, and garden bib. I need a garden helper.

No comments: