Saturday, April 17, 2004

Dial-up is faster than satellite Internet

... especially when the dang satellite modem goes bad. Again. I wish I'd just gone with the local dial-up in the first place, because it's not that bad... well, it's 28K on a good day, but I've had so many headaches with the Starband system (at $100 a month, plus $500 start-up) that that seems just dandy now. Reliable is good.

Anyhoo. Here's a recent self-feeding experiment gone awry (that's Lazarus in the picture, not me, though I've had similar adventures in my grown-up life):





Maggie will be seven weeks old on Monday, and she's getting bigger and more interested in the world every day. She also looks a lot like Lazarus did at that age -- though she's much more serious, I think. Here's my littlest sweetie-pie:





We all got out for a walk this morning, before the winds got too fierce, and now we're camping out in the house because I don't want the babes to get taken away on a gust of wind. Ah, spring in New Mexico.

No comments: