Sunday, July 28, 2002

I never wanted to do this job in the first place! I... I wanted to be... A LUMBERJACK! Leaping from tree to tree! As they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! With my best girl by my side! The Larch! The Pine! The Giant Redwood tree! The Sequoia! The Little Whopping Rule Tree! We'd sing! Sing! Sing!

Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
I sleep all night and I work all day.
CHORUS: He's a lumberjack, and he's okay,
He sleeps all night and he works all day...

--from Monty Python's Flying Circus (of course)

Antonio called this morning to report that he and Johnnie made it to Grand Junction last night, where they're staying with Aunt Barbara and Uncle Ramos. Word is, Johnnie wanted to sleep in a real bed last night so they drove on up from Silverton instead of camping. Yeah, camping is fun, but after a few days, enough is enough - every few days a girl's gotta have a shower and a place to plug in her hair dryer.... Sounds like they're having a good trip so far - Antonio said he's aiming to be in Denver on Tuesday or Wednesday.

So that's the farming report - off to slop the fish and muck out the frog tank...

No comments: