Tuesday, July 30, 2002

My back has gone out before, but trying to take care of a nearly-14-pound baby when I'm in this kind of pain really sucks. This is the second time it has gone out since I had Lazarus, in fact - yet it didn't go out once during my pregnancy. (Maybe the Physical Distress Committee judged that throwing up every day for nearly nine months filled my distress quota for the time being...)

So I'm working on some adaptations, having decided that leaving him in one place all day doesn't jibe well with good mama practices. Since the only chair I can stand to sit in at the moment is my desk chair (not too hard, not too soft), I am feeding Laz in the sling, with his head reclining on a pillow propped up on the edge of my desk. When he's done eating, I just let him hang out instead of hoisting him to put him wherever - he seems pleased with the arrangement. And I can eat my lunch, too (one hand on his bottle, one on my fork) - we're even using the same cloth dipe as a bib (... I need it more than he does...) I even have his binky on a leash so that when he hooks his thumb in the handle and flings it away, it doesn't land on the floor where I absolutely can't get it (unless I use my toes, which I admit I did the last time my back went out. I rinsed it off in my coffee, then gave it a good lick to make sure it was clean). :-b

I'm also working on my Web site, annelear.com - so far, I've parked the domain name (which I registered over two years ago) and downloaded and (mostly) configured the ftp program I'll use to upload the site to my ISP's server. Now to build the site... guess I don't have anything better to do, sitting here at my desk, gazing wistfully out the window and wishing I could garden... -Oh, I do have something I gotta do later: make zucchini bread! Lots and lots and lots of zucchini bread. Zucchini-nut bread. Pineapple-zucchini bread. Zucchini muffins. Maybe I'll even try zucchini brownies. I'll let you know how they turn out...

No comments: