Friday, February 17, 2006

Here's some REALLY broken sh&%....

I was shocked and appalled to open my email and see this headline:

Senate Rejects Wiretapping Probe

Our "democracy"? Feh. The Republicans have succeeded in making it a plutocracy. One of the Bush administration's most egregious offenses (in a LONG list) against the "democracy" they claim to uphold does not, according to the majority of our nation's senators, merit investigation.

You gotta f*%$ing be kidding me.

BUT that's not all -- here's more "good news" to further brighten my day:

Senator May Seek Tougher Law on Leaks
Patriot Act Moves Closer to Renewal
and, no surprise by now:
Cheney Shooting Case Is Closed in Texas

Here's some new fun for schoolkids and the zealots who love them:
Bible Guides Tour Museums to Counter Science
I mean, wow. Let's return the favor and gather together some scientists to "tour" their churches and Bible schools, shall we? And the name of one company: Biblically Correct Tours -- there's a ballsy claim. Do they do field trips to Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib to "discuss," say, Leviticus? All in the name of education, you know.

What do the fundies have to say about the bird flu's confirmed spread to France and Egypt, soon after being confirmed in Germany and several African nations... oh, never mind, they always crow that it's God's punishment for sinners. So I guess we're all toast, eh?

But this trumps them all and, hell, could make it all irrelevant sooner rather than later:

Glacier Melt Could Signal Faster Rise in Ocean Levels

I'm so disgusted. I think I'll go stick my head right back in the sand, after I write my senators and representatives, for whatever the hell that's worth.

No comments: