Wednesday, September 21, 2005

My -- uh, Our -- new ride



I know, I know -- it's big. And it's an SUV -- a 4Runner, not too big but not my usual modest ride. But. I love it and can't believe how fortunate I am to be able to replace my officially dead old Corolla right away, with something we need and want. I've already taken it down a few of the many dirt roads around here, and on Friday we're planning a jaunt that will make good use of the high clearance and real 4WD. There's a warm spring out past Dusty, going up into the western foothills of the Magdalena mountains, and the only road there is rocky and rutted and likely half-washed-out from the heavy rains we got a few weeks back. I've been wanting to go back there all summer -- I think we were last there two years ago -- both to bathe in the waters and to see the red and blue dragonflies who live there, and now we finally can. Here's a pic of Lazarus in the little pool there, in August 2003:



We're hoping to go with some cool people -- gasp! potential real friends at last! -- who have a son just a year older than Lazarus and two older kids.

I have pix of the kids, the store renovations, and other stuff to put up, when I get some real computer time.... Later, y'all.

No comments: