Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Another rant (I have so much material these days...)

Well said, Beastie Boys: http://www.beastieboys.com/song_lyrics.html (thanks to May mama buddy cosmicmama for the link). A sample:

"They're layin' on the syrup thick
We ain't waffles we ain't havin' it"

Conjures up images of Dubya and Asscraft and Rummyface sitting around a table poised over platesful of flat beige citizens, ready to stab in with their forks. But while we get syrup, others get bombs: The US admits it bombed a residential area of Baghdad, but insists, ‘‘Any casualty that occurs, any death that occurs, is a direct result of Saddam Hussein's policies." Oh. I thought bombs killed people. Guess I'm too simple to understand Dubyalogic.

Meanwhile, here at "home" (but not for much longer, thank God), family dramas are sprouting up all around us like tulips in May. Who laid down all this fertilizer??? I'm just going to keep my head down and focus on my work (big job; on schedule for once) and my various other projects. Like making more patchwork fabric for the Arden Baby summer overalls line -- so far I just have two:

No comments: