Saturday, August 24, 2002

Three days to go, and then Lazarus and I are off to Philly! Can't wait to see Mom and Dad - and they're dying to see da babe, too! Last time Dad saw Laz, he looked something like this: sleepy... He didn't open his eyes much back then (Laz didn't, that is), but he was already working on his great facial expressions, including my old favorite, the kissy face! Of course, Mom saw Laz just two weeks ago, but it's never enough, right, ma?

Antonio hasn't seen Lazarus in a month, and I'm afraid he's missed an awful lot. Not just the physical growing but also the giggles, increased eye contact, "conversations," and, of course, cuddling. Okay, so Laz still sleeps a lot... Antonio is up in the mountains above Denver this weekend fishing with a cousin, and expects to finish packing up his dad's house next week. I've asked him to be back home by the time I return from Philly... I guess in some ways this separation has been a growing time for both of us, but it has been very hard on me to be taking care of *everything* while he's gone, from Laz to finances and working to the house and garden and fish... don't do this again, okay, hon'? You're missing too much of the fun... :-/

No comments: