Tuesday, August 06, 2002

Hey, what's that over there? What is it, ma? Hey, it smiled at me! Georgia sits on the arm of the recliner almost every time I sit there to feed Lazarus, and until this morning he didn't pay much attention to her. Then he realized that she wasn't furniture - it might have been when she leaned over to sniff his hand as he waved it around to indicate how pleased he was with breakfast, and her whiskers tickled his hand...

Laz gets more active and talkative every day. Yesterday, Grandma propped him in his boppy, and he decided that was his cue to hold forth on a wide variety of topics. He has a lot to say about this world around him... doesn't sound like anyone I know... :-)

Update from the road: Antonio called yesterday from Magdalena - he, William, and Billy (A's godson) have finished staking out the property and will camp there for a few more days. "It's a nice piece of property," Antonio said, with wide-open views and acre after acre of fragrant pinons and other native flora. I'm hoping that he and William will have such a hard time leaving that beautiful land and sky that they'll decide it's time to go NOW. I'd have the house fixed up and on the market before they even hit Needles....

Since I'm so busy today (feed baby, work, change baby, work, bounce baby, work...) I had to find a diversion: yet another one of those "What kind of [x] are you?" quiz thingies (thanks to Ruhiel for the link). The results are interesting given that I've been a tech editor for almost seven years and, even though I barely managed to set up my home network (okay, so Chris did 98% of the work -- and I've managed to inadvertently undo some of it) I know the names and functions of all the components involved... for what that's worth... So here goes:

You are 33% geek
You are a geek liaison, which means you go both ways. You can hang out with normal people or you can hang out with geeks which means you often have geeks as friends and/or have a job where you have to mediate between geeks and normal people. This is an important role and one of which you should be proud. In fact, you can make a good deal of money as a translator.

Normal: Tell our geek we need him to work this weekend.


You [to Geek]: We need more than that, Scotty. You'll have to stay until you can squeeze more outta them engines!


Geek [to You]: I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain, but we need more dilithium crystals!


You [to Normal]: He wants to know if he gets overtime.

Take the Polygeek Quiz at Thudfactor.com

No comments: