Tuesday, July 23, 2002

Lazarus the outdoorsman - ready for anything! He's such a good sport when I put him in the sling and take him out with me to water all my plants. Just gotta keep that sun outta his eyes, and remember not to bonk his head when I turn around in tight spaces...

Ever do a Web search to see if you show up? I have - and far more fascinating to me was finding other people with the same name and seeing what kind of lives my "namesakes" are living. Here are a few lives that "Anne Lear" is living:
-high-end interior designer in Los Altos, California
-writer, most notably of The Adventures of the Global Traveler, or: The Global Consequences of How the Reichenbach Falls into the Wells of Iniquitie, referenced in several international bibliographies and included in Isaac Asimov's Science Fiction Anthology 2 (1979)
-sub-dean of faculty of arts and professor of literature at the University of Wollongong, Australia; co-editor of special issue of Women's Writing on colonial and postcolonial identity and cultural difference (2001)
-Director of Govanhill Housing Association, recently elected to head the Scottish Federation of Housing Associations
...more later; Net connection is getting flaky...

No comments: