Friday, July 19, 2002

Had a strange dream last night - I don't remember much of it, but I do remember the ducks - five or six of them waddling around my yard, quacking up a storm. Since I believe that every element in a dream is some kind of symbol (yes, even ducks), I went to my favorite dream interpretation site, Dream Lover Inc., on the off chance that I'd be able to divine the deeper meaning of all that waddling and quacking and carrying on. Lo and behold:

Duck
A duck is a very interesting bird and the message it conveys is generally positive. Ducks are well adapted to navigate and survive on land and in the water. They can swim, walk, and fly. Ducks are flexible and multi-talented. Dreaming about this bird suggests that you, or someone else in your life, is very flexible and can competently deal with emotional issues. Superstition-based dream interpretations say that ducks are very good omens and that you will "float" away from your current difficulty. See also: Animals, Birds


So what were Huey, Louie, and Dewey trying to tell me? "Don't worry, be happy?" I'll find the job of my dreams, and it'll be right here at home? I think I've already adapted very well to motherhood - what's stressing me out is the prospect of having to go back out into the working world and leave my little guy with someone else. I love hanging out with Lazarus - why on earth would I want to pass him off to someone else??? (Aside from that earning-a-living stuff, that is... *sigh*)

No comments: