Wednesday, August 09, 2006

An outing

Last Saturday we paid our respects to Antonio's grandma and grandpa Sisneros, who died some time ago but waited patiently for the family to scatter their ashes in one of their favorite fishing spots, the Cimarron River east of Eagle Nest.

Lazarus and Maggie enjoyed themselves thoroughly, especially at the very end when a rain shower descended upon us and they could finally use their new umbrellas.



The rains here have been amazing, especially after our long winter of drought. Even more amazing is how green everything is. I hardly recognized many spots along the long drive to and from the site -- I'd seen plenty of green around Taos before, but never on that long brown stretch between Santa Fe and Albuquerque. A sight to behold, for however long it lasts.

I love the contrast in these pictures -- my boy casting his eyes skyward, my girl intently focused on earth and stones:

No comments: