Monday, January 23, 2006

Better than chocolate



Two more *finished* projects (my mom made most of the scarf):


The hat fits perfectly (the second time around), and I just cast on some matching gloves. (If I lose my courage or my marbles trying to deal with all those fingers, they'll become mittens.)

I'm trying hard to take care of my UFOs (unfinished objects) before starting new projects, and in that vein I'm halfway up the second front panel of the jacket I started for Laz a few months ago:


The gloves/mittens will slow me down a bit, but I PROMISE not to cast on anything new until this jacket is finished. Oh, and I still have to finish that goofy legless sheep, and a friend is patiently awaiting her teal mohair scarf, and... yeah, no more new projects, and certainly no new yarn. I'd better finish quickly because yarn will certainly be going on sale soon, what with spring just around the corner. What am I saying -- winter never came, and I just don't think we'll get any cold or stormy weather here this year. ...I'm tempting fate on purpose here... bring it on, baby!! Mama's got enough wool for at least three more months of knitting!

My sewing UFOs are a different story entirely. Needless to say, I won't be buying any fabric for the next year, at least. Maybe for the rest of the decade.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sorry this is so late as I am behind in my reading, but that photo is completely adorable!