Saturday, May 21, 2005

A few birthday pictures

We had a real birthday party for Lazarus today -- Jai came over (along with his mama and papa), and several of our friends showed up, too. It was a really, really nice day, especially when Papa brought out the little blue pool. Maggie spent a good two hours splashing around and then in the pool, just having a blast. She crashed out before cake time, which to Lazarus is the whole point of having a birthday. All day yesterday and today he chanted "Happy birthday cake! Happy birthday cake Lazarus!"

I think I got better shots with my "real" camera, but here's one of my favorite moments of the day (post cake, post-pinata):



Yesterday we went for a picnic in Water Canyon -- Laz was so excited to be on a picnic, and Maggie tasted strawberries for only the second time, and it was just a perfect evening.



I also finally wrote out Lazarus' birth story yesterday... gee, that only took me three years. I'm amazed at how much I still remember, but I'm glad I wrote it down finally because some of the details were starting to fade. If you really want to read it, here are parts 1, 2 and 3.

And here's a parting shot, from last week when Granna cut Laz's hair. I love this picture:

No comments: