Saturday, February 19, 2005

My life

Antonio is visiting this weekend from Denver. We went to a friend's for a "dinner party" (in the loosest sense of the term) and had a great time -- all but one of these people live out of town now, so we rarely see them anymore. It was great to hang out for a long evening and have good talking time. I love it when people shower Laz and Maggie with attention, but I also love carrying on a grown-up conversation once in a while. It cheered me up a lot.

My mom will appreciate this: I dreamed last night that I was house-hunting *in and around Philly* and found the perfect place for myself and the kids and the dogs (sorry, Mom, they came along for the dream), with huge trees and a big yard and an old stone barn. Of course it was a sunny, warm day and everything was green, which suckered me right in.

No, I'm not making any plans. If I based my actions on my dreams, yesterday I'd have headed out to sea in a large tin washbucket with a bag of apples. Now, that doesn't seem like a good idea, does it?

Does it?

No comments: