Tuesday, February 03, 2004

"Eighty percent of the nation's property -- land, stocks, bonds -- is now in the hands of 10 percent of the people: the 13,000 richest families have a net worth equivalent to the assets owned by the poorest 20 million people."
--Molly Ivins and Lou Dubose, "Bushwhacked"

I can't do much these days -- feeling breathless and tired -- but at least I have some good reading material thanks to a friend's bountiful library. Gotta read, rest, stay calm... I just have to make it to Friday -- 35 weeks -- and then I won't have to get transported up to Albuquerque (now 114 miles away) for the birth. I was fixated on birthing prematurely with Lazarus, too, so I keep telling myself to relax and stop obsessing over it.

It was sunny and close to 50 degrees out yesterday... and we finally managed to get outta the house! Lazarus was, to put it bluntly, a pain in my butt all morning (he's testing boundaries a lot these days and probably has figured out that I'm not terribly mobile), but a nap, lunch, and some time outside playing in the dirt and watching the dogs wrestle cheered him up a lot. Me too.


No comments: