Thursday, August 28, 2003

Good morning, sunshine!!!



Lazarus has been pulling himself up a lot lately, but I didn't have the camera handy till this morning. Yep, he's finally standing, with support, and even took a few cruising steps along the couch this morning. Only a matter of time.

Lucy the wandering dog came back this afternoon, much to my relief. I was napping and heard what I thought was rain outside, and there was Lucy slurping out of the bucket. I made sure she knew how happy I was to see her.... And I'll be sure to get Antonio to fix that gap in the fence. At least she can't go out and get herself knocked up -- I took care of that just in time, I guess.

Tomorrow is a big day -- it's my mom's birthday (HAPPY BIRFDAY GRAMMA!!! -- from Lazarus), and I have an ultrasound in the morning just to check things out and get an accurate due date. It'll be very cool to get a look at the new babe-in-progress... hearing the heartbeat yesterday helped me make a connection to this creature that, so far, has been rather abstract and gut-level physical (as in nausea and fatigue). I'll be sure to post the news... I hope they give me a picture, too. I can put it next to my belly, which Lazarus just loves to climb over and drum on, and help him make a connection, too.

No comments: