Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Okay, so maybe this will be a big snow after all...

Here's my car, around 5:30 this afternoon:



It's been snowing since about 10:00 last night, heavy and wet and mostly sideways, from the northeast. This evening on the news I heard that this storm "is just getting started" and that Denver metro could get 35 to 50 inches of snow by Thursday morning.

I'll consider it a Really Big Storm when it buries my car altogether and obscures that California license place I never bothered to change over. I figure that'll happen sometime tomorrow morning -- wager, anyone? I'll say 5:15 a.m. Whoever guesses closest gets a spring weekend stay at the A&A B&B in lovely Magdalena, New Mexico.

It just occurred to me that the last Really Big Storm I lived through was ten years ago this month -- maybe even this week -- and that a few months later I packed up and moved to New Mexico. I love signs from above, or coincidences, or however you want to interpret such parallels. My interpretation: it's time to go.

No comments: