Friday, March 28, 2003

oh my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

One. More. Day. Antonio left this morning in the U-Haul and should have clear weather and roads for the long drive. I worry a bit about that Raton Pass (crossing from Colorado to New Mexico), but I think the storm has moved east, and the pass will certainly be clear and dry by the time I hit it tomorrow afternoon.

I finished my big job yesterday afternoon -- more or less on time (sent last chapter after biz hours, but I think I was close enough), and ready to get back to other pursuits. Like, now, packing up clothes and fabric and baby stuff... It's nice to have a day off after a week of hard work, though, even if I can't just loaf in front of the TV all day... not that I'd want to. Urrgghh. Dubya is apparently "frustrated" with the media because they're starting to question the battle plan and progress. This war, he insists, will last "however long it takes." Vietnam took, what, a decade or so? Of course, Johnson and Nixon and their respective crews were a bunch of tutu-wearing wusses compared to Dubya and his posse, who apparently have taken steps to ensure the true horror and bloodshed of this war doesn't sully our privileged living rooms the way Vietnam coverage did. Keep it clean, keep those cameras pointed up at the big pretty bombs bursting in air, keep those correspondents excited about all our techno-power and the inevitability of a sanitary victory.

Okay, no TV for me today -- just packing. Lazarus is currently taking a break from everything, even grabbing at the cat (this is getting humorous because Georgia is starting to shed with the warmer weather, and Laz looks puzzled when he ends up with a handful of cat hair and no cat):



Oh, I updated my page, finally -- got up some links to more cool mama weblogs (these women rock, they really do) and other important stuff. I have to admit that I hesitated when publishing the new template because these are some radical links, and I'm nervous about getting on some CIA/FBI/NSA Watch List or something since I so recklessly and disrespectfully question our government's antics. All the more reason to hit that "Publish" button, right?

No comments: