Monday, March 17, 2003

First, the good stuff: Lazarus celebrating Mardi Gras in style--



Now the other stuff: some strange parallels cropped up today, and we're quite possibly in for a wild week. At least one tornado hit east of Denver this afternoon, around the same time George W. Bush told the nation and the world that Saddam had 48 hours to leave Iraq or face attack "at a time of our choosing." In the next 48 hours, Denver will probably get between one and four feet of snow, and Dubya will probably launch war against Iraq. I'm glad we just went food shopping and that I have plenty of projects to keep me busy while we're socked in, because I don't think I'll want to be watching the news much this week.

Let me close with some good words:

"One country can win a war but it takes more than one country to win peace." --French Foreign Minister Dominique de Villepin, 3/17/2003

No comments: