Sunday, February 02, 2003

It's snowing here on the Front Range, and I can actually be glad both because Denver needs it so desperately and (on a more selfish note) we had some really nice days since I got back last week. We keep getting funky little power flickers, though... reminds me of the good ol' days of rolling blackouts back in California, '00-'01, when Enron and friends decided it would be great sport (and money) to manipulate power supplies. So we poor schmucks, chastened to not be so profligate, had to turn off Christmas lights and wait till nighttime to do laundry and inch our hazardous way through darkened traffic lights, and Ken Lay's money-meter spinned faster than ever.

ANYhoo, just before the snow came today, we spent the day with Keri's sister and family out in the beautiful rolling hills. Laz (who at this moment refuses to nap and is trying to cajole me into playing who-can-blow-the-messiest-spit-bubbles with him) got to watch two beautiful horses gallop around a ring, and the sight amused him mightily:



Then he got his first taste of the cowboy's way:

Oh, ma, I want one of these... So do I, lil' guy. Soon, baby, soon, somehow.

No comments: