Monday, September 16, 2002

You who are on the road
must have a code
that you can live by


Not much to write about today... just tired out and looking at another long night of editing because I couldn't get much done today with Laz awake just about the whole day. He gave me a half-hour nap this afternoon, and I had to choose: shower or lunch? Cleanliness may be next to Godliness, but a growling stomach will drown out calls from the divine sector every time. For me, at least.

Antonio's current ETA in Los Angeles: Sept. 20, 21, or 22, depending on whether he finishes his dad's house tomorrow or Wednesday, takes a day out to see Stu and Edith, and stops in Grand Junction on the way home to see Aunt Barb. And he has to get his truck worked on before hitting the road. Whatever, babe, just get your ass home before winter. Or before I tear all my hair out trying to take care of the house, cat, fish, plants, garden, work, bills, and, of course, baby. Every day has become a sort of marathon: tend to Lazarus (feed, change, play, cuddle), park Laz and rush to take care of something (meal, dishes, laundry, email, bottle washing, fish, plants...), pick up baby when he's had enough of being parked, feed/change/play/cuddle as needed, park baby again and work for the 27 minutes he's either asleep or content to stare at the fish (why I am still taking care of them after all these months), pick up baby and feed/change/play/cuddle as needed, and on it goes. Laz doesn't nap for an hour or two at a time anymore, and lately has needed more attention, so everything else gets squeezed in where possible, if possible, and stuff like showers and nail clipping and dusting just doesn't happen because it's not high enough up on the list. And when Laz falls asleep around 9 or 10 p.m., I take a deep breath and get back on the computer and work till I run out of steam. Last night, I made it to 2:00 a.m. -- good thing I'm a night person because it's the only time I have free to concentrate on anything.

But I'd still rather be doing this than anything else I could possibly think of. Why? Here's why. And around... we... go...

No comments: