Saturday, August 03, 2002

Update from the road: Rumor has it that Antonio made it down to Albuquerque from Denver - I haven't actually talked to him in two days, but my mom talked to him this morning, so I'm guessing he's still on Planet Earth. William drove out overnight and made it to the property at 3:15 this afternoon, right about when he said he'd be there... and no Antonio. So he drove into Magdalena to call me and find out if I knew what was up... nope - I'm the last one to know anything, remember? William hasn't called back, though, so I'm guessing they finally ran into each other, given that Magdalena is a very small town and only so many silver trucks with California plates can be found cruising the main (only) strip. Why am I dying to move there? That's why.

Lazarus spent the day with Grandma while mama took the CBEST (California teacher certification exam), and seemed very happy about it. Grandma completely rearranged the living room furniture - I kind of like it, actually. I then made four batches of zucchini bread - only used up two friggin' zukes! - and then Laz and I played for a while and took a lovely evening nap. I got him some soft rattles and yet another froggie yesterday, and held them up for him to grab at; we still have a ways to go on the coordination, but he definitely enjoyed himself, especially when I made the frog go Ribbit. Laz giggles a lot now, which makes me hopeful that he'll have the sense of humor needed to deal with his crazy family....

No comments: